2013年10月27日 星期日

狄蘭˙托馬斯, 生日快樂!



今天是威爾斯詩人狄蘭˙托馬斯Dylan Thomas1914-53的生日....

Youtube ... 有他自己朗誦的一首蕨山“Fern Hill).... 年輕輕輕,卻有很成熟穩重的聲音


Fern Hill

BY DYLAN THOMAS
Now as I was young and easy under the apple boughs
About the lilting house and happy as the grass was green,
       The night above the dingle starry,
               Time let me hail and climb
       Golden in the heydays of his eyes,
And honoured among wagons I was prince of the apple towns
And once below a time I lordly had the trees and leaves
               Trail with daisies and barley
       Down the rivers of the windfall light.


And as I was green and carefree, famous among the barns
About the happy yard and singing as the farm was home,
       In the sun that is young once only,
               Time let me play and be   
       Golden in the mercy of his means,
And green and golden I was huntsman and herdsman, the calves
Sang to my horn, the foxes on the hills barked clear and cold,
               And the sabbath rang slowly
       In the pebbles of the holy streams.


All the sun long it was running, it was lovely, the hay
Fields high as the house, the tunes from the chimneys, it was air
       And playing, lovely and watery
               And fire green as grass.
       And nightly under the simple stars
As I rode to sleep the owls were bearing the farm away,
All the moon long I heard, blessed among stables, the nightjars
       Flying with the ricks, and the horses
               Flashing into the dark.


And then to awake, and the farm, like a wanderer white
With the dew, come back, the cock on his shoulder: it was all
       Shining, it was Adam and maiden,
               The sky gathered again
       And the sun grew round that very day.
So it must have been after the birth of the simple light
In the first, spinning place, the spellbound horses walking warm
       Out of the whinnying green stable
               On to the fields of praise.


And honoured among foxes and pheasants by the gay house
Under the new made clouds and happy as the heart was long,
       In the sun born over and over,
               I ran my heedless ways,
       My wishes raced through the house high hay
And nothing I cared, at my sky blue trades, that time allows
In all his tuneful turning so few and such morning songs
       Before the children green and golden
               Follow him out of grace,


Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
       In the moon that is always rising,
               Nor that riding to sleep
       I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
               Time held me green and dying
       Though I sang in my chains like the sea.


就在英國的全國詩歌節當天(每年十月第一個星期四,今年103,查爾斯王儲為這特別的日子,朗誦一首他鍾愛的詩,也是這首蕨山


狄蘭˙托馬斯1945寫的

有趣的,這首蕨山〉今年才剛被BBC Radio 4 詩,請便Poetry Please)節目(每週日下午4:30-5:00)列入最被觀眾要求點播英國詩的前十名,此詩排為第4

這排行如下

No. 1 羅伯特˙弗羅斯特Robert Frost1874-1963雪夜林畔小“Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”
No. 2 伊麗莎白˙巴雷特˙勃朗寧Elizabeth Barrett Browning1806-61我怎樣愛你?“How Do I Love Thee?”
No.3 愛德華˙托馬斯Edward Thomas1878-1917艾德稠普“Adlestrop
No.4 狄蘭˙托馬斯蕨山
No. 5 哈代Thomas Hardy1840-1928漆黑的鶇鳥“The Darkling Thrush
No. 6 阿諾德Matthew Arnold1822-88多佛海灘“Dover Beach”
No. 7 莎士比亞William Shakespeare1564-1616十四行詩第116
No. 8 沃爾特˙德拉˙梅爾Walter De La Mare1873-1956〈傾聽者“The Listeners”
No. 9 克莉斯緹娜˙羅塞蒂Christina Rossetti1914-53銘記“Remember”
No. 10 安卓˙馬維爾Andrew Marvell1621-78致羞怯的情人“To His Coy Mistress”

這些也被收集,編為一本詩選詩,請便全國最鍾愛的詩Poetry Please: The Nation’s Best-Loved Poems,由詩人羅傑˙麥格夫Roger McGough1937- )寫序,由出版社出版

沒有留言:

張貼留言